Industry placement hosting: writing job descriptions, designing projects and setting objectives
Date and time
Book your place. There is no charge to attend this webinar.
In this 1-hour practical session, you’ll look at industry placements and the practical steps required to set up the placement, what’s involved in recruiting students, how to create a job description and guide you through the planning process before the placement starts.
The session will explore:
- Recruitment - working with the college or school to select the right students
- Role - creating an appropriate job description
- Identifying suitable projects and tasks
- Working with the college or school to help you plan what is needed to prepare to host a student
- Designing a meaningful placement that builds students’ knowledge and skills
There is no charge for this webinar.
Who is the webinar for?
This webinar will help you understand what’s required when considering, or planning to host, industry placements. It’s also helpful for those involved in supporting students during industry placements.
Speakers and presenters
The webinar will be delivered by the Department for Education and SDN. SDN specialises in helping employers work with industry placements, apprenticeships and education programmes.