Industry placements for science roles in your organisation
Date and time
Book your place. There is no charge to attend this webinar.
On Wednesday 13th July, the Department for Education, supported by SDN and in partnership with the Science Council and the Gatsby Foundation, will deliver a science focused webinar for employers, setting out what T Level industry placements look like for science roles in your organisation.
The session will take you through:
- The benefits of offering industry placements for science roles in your organisation
- How industry placements and apprenticeships can work together
- The roles and responsibilities for you; for the student; and for the school or college
- How to make sure industry placements are a success for you and the student
- Government support available to help you now, including online resources and direct support from a specialist.
The webinar will include input from an organisation already offering industry placements in science roles, an education provider delivering T Levels and the Department for Education policy representative. As part of a panel session, we will also have representation from the Gatsby Foundation and the Science Council.
Who is the webinar for?
Designed for HR / learning and development staff and team leads and managers.
Speakers and presenters
The webinar will be delivered by the Department for Education and SDN. SDN specialises in helping employers work with industry placements, apprenticeships and education programmes.
A T Level industry placement is a period of structured time (at least 315 hours, equivalent to 45 days) that a student spends in your workplace, developing real skills and making a meaningful contribution to your organisation.