Industry placements – how can they contribute to your workforce development, and what are the practical steps you need to take?
Date and time
Book your place. There is no charge to attend this webinar.
An industry placement is an extended period of structured time that a student spends in your workplace, developing real skills and making a meaningful contribution to your organisation.
Many employers are already offering industry placements, which will be a fundamental part of T Levels – a new course designed by employers for 16-19-year-olds, which combines classroom learning with an industry placement (at least 315 hours, equivalent to 45 days).
In this 2-hour workshop, we’ll help you explore how industry placements could contribute to your workforce development, what’s involved and the practical steps you can take to start offering placements to students.
The interactive session will help you explore:
- What industry placements are and how they could become an important part of your workforce development and recruitment
- Resources, processes and staff development that needs to be in place to offer industry placements
- What’s involved in hosting the placement - roles, responsibilities and actions
- Ideas, solutions and practice from employers like you
- Tools and support available to help you now
The workshop will be interactive and practical, giving you chance to talk and think with other like-minded employers.
Who is the workshop for?
This workshop is for anyone who would like to explore industry placements in more depth and develop their journey. The content has been designed with HR and learning and development professionals, managers and decision makers in mind.
Speakers and presenters
The workshop has been commissioned by the Department for Education and will be delivered by SDN. SDN has been at the forefront of helping organisations to explore how apprenticeships and technical education can contribute to the development of their workforce