Industry placements – supporting your workforce development
Date and time
Book your place. There is no charge to attend this webinar.
An industry placement is an extended period of structured time that a student spends in your workplace, developing real skills and making a meaningful contribution to your organisation.
Many employers are already offering industry placements, which is a fundamental part of T Levels – a new course designed by employers for 16-19-year olds, which combines classroom learning with a substantial industry placement (at least 315 hours).
In this 1.5 hour webinar, we’ll give you an overview of what industry placements are, how they might contribute to your workforce development, and the government support now available to help you.
The webinar will cover:
- what are industry placements and T Levels?
- the business benefits of offering industry placements, for example: cost-effective channels for recruitment, fresh ideas, talent pipeline, reputation in your community / industry
- the difference between apprenticeships, industry placements and work experience and how they can work together
- roles and responsibilities: for you as the employer; the student; the college, the school or other provider
- insights from those already offering industry placements
- the government support available to help you
Who is this webinar for?
This event is for anyone who would like to know the latest about industry placements. The content has been designed with HR/Learning and Development staff/Team Managers in mind.
Delivered by: SDN
We need to obtain your consent to take, hold and share personal data, which will include name, email address, contact number and relevant information about your organisation.
All personal information stored on the (SDN) system will be treated as confidential and will adhere to data privacy requirements. Your details will not be shared beyond the DfE, SDN and a DfE commissioned external evaluation body.