£1,000 T Level employer incentive payment
As an employer, you can now claim £1,000 for every T Level student you host on a high-quality industry placement, as part of the T Level employer incentive scheme.
The fund offers financial support to employers impacted by the pandemic, to ensure they can continue to host industry placements. You can claim for up to 20 students if they start their T Level industry placement between 27 May 2021 until July 2022.
Who is eligible
You can claim the £1,000 incentive payment:
if the T Level industry placement has a start date between 27 May 2021 and 31 July 2022
- for up to 20 placements per region - the maximum funding any one employer (in a single region) will be eligible for across all providers, is £20,000
You cannot claim the £1,000 incentive payment:
- for T Level industry placements that started before 27 May 2021
- if you work in a government department or arm’s length body
- if you have already claimed an Employer Support Fund payment for the same placement
How to apply
First, you'll need to find the right T Level school or college for your business.
Once you've found your partner school or college, you can apply for the incentive payment by completing and signing an Employer Declaration Form and submitting it to them.
When you'll be paid
You will receive the incentive payment from the school or college where your industry placement student is studying.
You should work with your partner school or college to agree:
- when the payment will be made
- whether payments are made through BACS or another agreed payment method
We recommend schools and colleges process payments within 15 working days of receiving the claim.
Find out more
- Find out more about the employer incentive payments for employers offering a T Level industry placement on GOV.UK.
If you're interested in offering an industry placement, get in touch with T Level providers near you.