Industry Placements within the engineering and manufacturing sector: how can they work in your organisation?
Date and time
In this webinar you'll discover information and practical insights around planning and hosting industry placements for the engineering and manufacturing sector. You will come away with a heightened level of confidence in offering industry placements in your organisation.
Many employers already offer industry placements. In this webinar, you’ll discover how industry placements can improve your recruitment pipeline, as well as bring other benefits to your organisation, and participating students.
You will learn:
- what industry placements are and how they contribute to T Level qualifications
- how industry placements work in the engineering and manufacturing sector
- how other employers have hosted placements
- the benefits industry placements bring to your business and the participating students
- how placements can work alongside apprenticeships and work experience
- how to prepare for and host a successful placement
- what free government support, tools and resources are available to help you along your journey
Who is the webinar for?
Designed for HR Managers, Learning and Development Managers, and others interested in hosting placements within the engineering and manufacturing sector.
Speakers and presenters
The webinar will be delivered by the Department for Education (DfE) and Strategic Development Network (SDN). SDN is a trusted partner of the DfE and has a proven track record helping organisations understand and benefit from apprenticeships and technical education to upskill and prepare tomorrow's workforce.