Industry Placements – Upskilling tomorrow’s workforce
Date and time
An industry placement is an extended period of structured time that a student spends in the workplace, developing technical and soft skills relevant to the sector. They can vary in length but must last for a minimum of 45 days, allowing students to make a meaningful contribution to your organisation.
Many employers already offer industry placements. In this webinar, you’ll discover how industry placements can improve your recruitment pipeline, as well as bring many other benefits to your organisation, and participating students.
You will learn:
- A definition of industry placements and T Levels
- The benefits of hosting industry placements for organisations and for students
- How industry placements, apprenticeships, and work experience can work together
- What employers, students and training providers need to do to prepare for, and host industry placements
- Insights and case studies from employers already offering placements
- The government support, tools and resources available to help you through your journey
Who is the webinar for?
Designed for HR Managers, Learning and Development Managers, and others interested in hosting placements.
Speakers and presenters
The webinar will be delivered by the Department for Education (DfE) and Strategic Development Network (SDN). SDN is a trusted partner of the DfE and has a proven track record helping organisations understand and benefit from apprenticeships and technical education to upskill and prepare tomorrow's workforce.